Sunday, September 14, 2014

Homecoming Week a HUGE SUCCESS

Thank you SLHS community for a tremendous homecoming week.  We had a lot of fun and introduced a new freshman class to the excting and eventful week called homecoming.  Every event went off without a hitch and the culminating event on Saturday night (Homecoming Dance) was one of the most attended events in recent years!  That says a lot about the school pride, committment, and unity that is felt within the student body!  We are GATOR STRONG!  

At the homecoming assembly I was challanged to the ALS ice bucket challengs and what an exciting time that was.  Before I did the challenge I had the student body help me decide whom I would pass the torch/challenge to next.  In the end the SCIENCE department is now working on a plan to take the challenge as well.  We raised over $400 in less than 5 minutes for my challenge!!!  What an amazing event and for a very worth cause.  

Thank you once again for allowing me to partner with you as we work in unity toward academic, athleics, and co curricular excellence- 

Jeff Pierson- 

No comments:

Post a Comment